As an English major, I feel contractually obligated to nominate a classic: Frankenstein.
Yeah, I know a lot of us were or are being made to read it in high school, and I know that just because something is called a classic doesn’t make it good, but it’s easy to get a hold of, is interesting to talk about in a variety of critical lights, and lends itself well to reading during a July thunderstorm.
Not to mention a book that practically spawned a new genre of literature, multiple classic horror films, and a fantastic Broadway musical, can’t be all bad.
- thepurposeismypenis likes this
- brinthehufflepuff likes this
- planetofthechipshops likes this
- lostinkashmir likes this
- dumbledearlovesfizzingwhizbees likes this
- thepurposeismypenis posted this